What we do
Each year STG awards approximately one hundred grants of up to $6,000 to Staples High School graduates attending an accredited undergraduate institution or vocational school. Applications are held in the strictest confidence.
STG uses the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) metric and a variety of other measurements to calculate a prospective recipient’s need-based qualification. These measurements include the student’s family’s contributions as well as the number of dependent family members.
STG Key Facts
- The STG application process is heavily weighted on family income and economic eligibility to ensure that grants go to Staples graduates in the greatest financial need
- 96% of all donations directly fund grant awards
- School specific tuition, other expected grants, scholarships and loan amounts are all factors in the grant evaluation process. All new applicants are interviewed
- Individual donations are critical to our ability to support students in need
- Unlike many aid programs, STG is not for freshman year only. STG recipients are invited to re-apply for further grants as long as they are enrolled in an accredited undergraduate institution
STG does not discriminate by school, public or private, vocational or academic, in-state or out. STG announces grants at an award ceremony each June honoring recipients and donors. Awards are paid directly to the school and are for the purpose of tuition only.