KEY STG DEADLINES TO WATCH
Student Application: Applications go ‘live’ December 15th, 2019
Application Deadline: March 8, 2020
Financial Documents Due: TBD
SHS Senior Interviews: April, 2020
STG Award Notifications: Mid-May, 2020
STG Award Ceremony: Mid-June, 2020
STG KEY FACTS
- STG awards are completely needs-based.
- STG application process is aligned to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, which is heavily weighted on family income and economic eligibility to ensure that grants go to Staples graduates with the greatest financial need.
- 96% of all donations historically fund grant awards, based on an all-volunteer board and low expense-ratio.
- Grants are based on a student’s net cost of tuition, room and board after factoring in all their school’s gift aid (merit- as well as needs-based aid), and other expected grants and scholarships from third party sources. Student loans are NOT factored into net need, meaning we do not penalize students or their families for assuming debt to afford school.
- All new applicants are interviewed to ideally match the wishes of donors with established named awards to the interests, ambitions and accomplishments of grant recipients.
- Unlike many aid programs, STG is not for freshman year only. STG recipients are invited to re-apply for further grants as long as they are enrolled in an accredited undergraduate institution.